Re: Large SGA 8.1.5 and Solaris 2.6

From: Stephen Spence <Stephen.Spence_at_Australia.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 00:24:55 GMT

The problem is you need to relocate the SGA:

  1. Run tstshm - this gives you a lower & upper memory address
  2. Make sure they line up on 512 byte boundaries (some systems require this)
  3. cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib genksms > ksms.s raise or lower sgabeg (in this file)
  4. Shut down the database
  5. make -f oracle.mk ioracle ioracle backups up the old kernel etc.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Stephen Spence

6