From MS Access to Oracle

From: J Garcia <garcia868_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:28:13 -0800 (PST)

I have been using MS Access 97 for some time now and am interested in learning Oracle (8i on NT). I have checked the various Oracle manuals, etc on the OTN and gotten some idea. I would like to know from any users who have made a transition from Access to Oracle for any advice on how to get up to speed and shorten the learning curve as much as possible.

Are there any good books to help me learn and get familiar ASAP?

I am familiar with creating tables, reports, SQL queries, masks in Access but how do I capitalize on the existing knowledge?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 18:28:13 CST