Dazed & Confused HELP!

From: John Alden <alden_at_mtls.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:39:16 -0500

Background:

    WinNT 5
    VC++ 5
    ODBC Driver 8.05
    Oracle 8.05

Problem:

I'm calling a stored procedure in a package from VC++. I recompile the specification header (knowing that it will invalidate dependencies).
Recompile dependencies;
Execute Cpp pgm to call stored procedure (expecting the current state of package blah, blah...) What I get is the infamous Dr. Watson, Access Violation in Oracle805.dll. It doesn't even make the procedure call. Check the current state of package checking user_objects (VALID); Bring the app down and up several times for testing and I get the same results.
Well, I decide to flush the shared_pool to see what happens. The pgm now works with flying colors!
Hmmmm.
Can anybody tell me why flushing the shared pool should correct it? And why is it effecting the ODBC driver (Bind Variables)?

Any advice to where to start or a solution would help. Please don't say try another driver.

Thanks in advance
John Alden
alden_at_maherterminals.com Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 17:39:16 CST