Net8 & /var/opt/oracle on Solaris

From: steve <steve_harriesNOstSPAM_at_jsh.com.au.invalid>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:10:21 -0800

I'm using Cold Fusion on a Sun client via ODBC and Net8 to access my Oracle server on another Sun.
Can someone tell me;
What should the file structure look like in /var/opt/oracle ? How do these files get installed on a client machine, is there a separate install process or do I put them there by hand? When using Net8 I don't want to have to NFS mount my Oracle installation from the server, I assume all of the required files are in /var/opt/oracle and on the client machine I then set $ORACLE_HOME to point to /var/opt/oracle. Likewise should LD_LIBRARY_PATH include $ORACLE_HOME/lib?

Steve.