Oracle 8i ODBC Driver information

From: Ron Ruble <2_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:31:01 -0500

I have a client I've designed a VB App for, that uses ADO (MDAC 2.0.2.3002.23)

They are getting an 'Invalid character' ORA-00911 error, with any query where the text of a user name field being searched for contains the characters "END" (like WILLENDK, MOSENDD, etc). They even tested using some made up user names.

Works fine on my machine, and we've dumped the queries to a flat file (no bad characters). The same query, cut and pasted into SQL*Plus works fine.

The only thing we've seen is I'm using Oracles's ODBC driver 8.01.05.00, they're using 8.0.05.00.

Anyone know of any fixes to early 8i ODBC drivers, or where I can find information on specific fixes made to specific driver versions on the Oracle website?

Many thanks Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 15:31:01 CST