Re: Transpose Oracle data?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:36:51 +0800

Richard James wrote:

> I am not the most knowledgable SQL programmer so bear with me.
>
> I need to transpose data via SQL in order to export a normalized
> dataset. I have never done this before and frankly have no idea how to
> start.
>
> Any ideas?

If you have a finite set of data, you can use decode

eg

select
  decode(column,first_val,first_val,null),   decode(column,next_val,next_val,null),   etc
from table
group by column

or similar

--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 04:36:51 CST