Help with Forms Library

From: <julius_cooper_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:59:14 GMT

I am working with an application (written by someone else) that is supposed to generate a list of all invoices for a given date range. The problem I'm having is that the Form calls a stored procedure (from a local library), which in turn passes off a query to Reports.

I'm trying to do an in-line date conversion to the dynamic SQL statement, but it won't allow me to concatenate multiple conversions:

CURRENT CODE: v_query := 'SELECT ...

           || 'invoice_date, ... '

What I'm trying to use:

v_query := 'SELECT ...

           || ' to_date (''' || to_char (invoice_date, ''MM/DD/YYYY'') || '''), ''MM/DD/"19"YY''), ... '

(It doesn't allow me to enter the format mask, either.)

Any insight would be vastly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 11:59:14 CST