Re: Oracle 8i using MS NT network drive...

From: <scottbell01_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:45:38 GMT

In article <854ucb$jed$1_at_news6.isdnet.net>,   "Yann CAUCHARD" <yann.cauchard_at_spcconsultants.com> wrote:
> Have you the rights to create a file on the other PC ?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have too many. To eliminate the security problem, I gave NETWORK and GUEST full access to the directory where I was putting the tablespace file. This is temporary, but it still did not resolve the problem.

Thanks,
Scott

> Scott Bell a écrit dans le message <38756571.E5A1D301_at_open.org>...
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm having problems creating a tablespace datafile on a networked MS
> >NT4.0( patch level 5 ) machine from another MS NT4.0 machine using
> >SQL*PLUS. I'll run the ALTER TABLESPACE INDEX_1 ADD DATAFILE
> >'G:\orant\oradata\rep2\index02.dbf'. The 'G:' reference is the shared
MS
> >NT drive from the remote machine. I get an 'OS skgfce (5): cannot
create
> >file' error. I can add any file to any tablespace locally w/ the same
> >ORACLE user.
> >
> >The frustrating thing is that, as user SBELL1 on the local machine I
can
> >create/copy/edit the same file to that G: drive via the MS-DOS shell
> >window. Is ORACLE run under a different user when is spawns SQL*PLUS(
or
> >any other ORACLE app )? I've also given every user full access
> >temporarily to see if that was it. No luck - same error.
> >What gives? Your help would be appreciated!
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Scott
> >Scott Bell
> >ORACLE DBA
> >scott.bell_at_gte.telops.com
> >Complaints to news_at_netfront.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 10:45:38 CST