Re: SQL*Plus Saving Environment?

From: Marc Weinsock <MWeinstock_at_lds.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:29:07 GMT

Give this a try: This was cut out of the SQLPLUS HTML manual, (sorry about the ugliness)

STORE Purpose

Saves attributes of the current SQL*Plus environment in a host operating system file (a command file).

Syntax

STORE {SET} file_name[.ext] [CRE[ATE]|REP[LACE]| APP[END]]

Terms and Clauses

Refer to the following list for a description of each term or clause:

SET Saves the values of the system variables.

Refer to the SAVE command for information on the other terms and clauses in the STORE command syntax.

Usage Notes

This command creates a command file which can be executed with the START, @ or @@ commands.

If you want to store a file under a name identical to a STORE command clause (that is, CREATE, REPLACE or APPEND), you must put the name in single quotes or specify a file extension.

Example

To store the current SQL*Plus system variables in a file named DEFAULTENV with the default command-file extension, enter

SQL> STORE SET DEFAULTENV To append the current SQL*Plus system variables to an existing file called DEFAULTENV with the extension OLD, enter

--

Marc Weinstock
Logical design Solutions

55 Broadway - 21st Floor