Re: Oracle 8 encryption package

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2000 07:35:56 -0800

Due to licensing difficulties (it's a long story), the encryption routines were disabled in Oracle8 8.0 and 8.1.5.

In Oracle8 8.1.6, encryption has been enabled, but the routines are located in the package DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT. The package is not installed by default. You need to do it by using svrmgrl to run the file dbmsobtk.sql.

--

                                Thanks,
                                Rick

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.