Re: SQL*Plus Saving Environment?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 07:44:03 -0500

Georg Schulte Althoff wrote:

> I'm sorry, but it doesn't work.
> I found glogin.sql in the plus33 directory, but the entries of
> set linesize 500
> set pagesize 50
> are not accepted.
> There is another line "set pagesize 14" in this file, but if I start
> SQL*Plus, the pagesize is 24.
> What's going on here?
>
> Georg

glogin.sql should be in the $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin directory - not the directory where plus33.exe is located.

Keep in mind that anything setting you put in that file will be set for anyone who runs sqlplus - not just certain users. If you are the only one who wants these settings, put them in a login.sql located in your current working directory.

Another choice would be to put a login.sql in a particular directory and then use a pif or a shortcut to start sqlplus and run the login.sql Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 06:44:03 CST