HTTP Image Upload

From: Nick <nick_at_taten.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:46:02 +1100

Hi All,

We need to upload image(s) to the database via a webpage, using a pl/sql cartridge, at the moment the webserver automagically uploads everything into tables owned by the user 'websys'.

One of the columns that stores the images, is of type 'Long Raw'. When we select data out of this column to display the images in a html page, the package util_raw is used to convert the raw data, into a format which the browser can understand.

The problem with this is that util_raw cannot handle more than 32kb at a time, hence the need to run external procedures to return the column in chunks of 32kb. Is this the correct way to do it? Would we somehow be able to modify the listener to insert the uploaded data into a tmp_table we have created - with the correct data type - such as LOB?

Thanks,

-Nick Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 22:46:02 CST