Q: How do you Export or Import in dependency order?

From: Jeffrey Mark Braun <jeffb_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2000 13:11:05 -0800

Is there a way to export or import a database in dependency order?

Currently when I import a backup file, the import utility (imp) imports the tables, procedures, etc. in the backup in alphabetical order. I'm guessing this is due to the fact that the backup was probably exported in alphabetical order, and not dependency order.

I would like to be able import a database in dependency order, thus I wouldn't have to recompile all objects afterwards.

Do either imp or exp allow for dependency ordering when importing or exporting?

Thanks.

Jeff Braun Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 15:11:05 CST