How do I localize Oracle Enterprise ?

From: TheMinbari <theminbari_at_aol.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2000 12:05:52 GMT

Please help me.

I have Oracle Enterprise installed standalone on Win98. Whenever I try to logon to SQL Plus, it tries to invoke my IP host address for work (I often work at at home), looking for a data base there. I chantged the tsnames.ora file for a local database but it made no difference. As is, the system simply hangs trying to get to a nonexistent net database.

How do I force Oracle Enterprise to be totally local ? Received on Mon Jan 10 2000 - 06:05:52 CST