Re: copy a DB between 2 diff. systems?

From: Michael Schäfer <MSchaefer2_at_de.lhsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:46:28 +0100

Hi,

no, there is no reasing for doing that.

I already tried to copy a DB between a DEC system and an IBM system.

The problem I found is:

ORA-00227: corrupt block detected in controlfile: (block 1, # blocks 1) ORA-00202: controlfile: '/oracle/oracode/p1t/cntrl/cntl_1.dbf'

I think it is the reason you mensioned.The 2nd OS cannot handle the file written on the 1st OS.

Thanks.

Mike