Re: How many of you run multi apps in one instance?

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:03:30 GMT

I prefer several applications on one instance. Unless you are having performance problems because your hardware is inadequate, there is no reason to separate them out. [of course, if the machine breaks all apps go down, that is why you have a secondary server, etc.]

Multiple applications in one instance give you one administration point. It also keeps you from having idle processors. Put them all in one machine! This way, if one app is idle, the process can be used for the busy app, etc.