Re: ODBC question

From: Marcel Vander Mierde <Marcel.Vander.Mierde_at_PANDORA.BE>
Date: 2000/01/09

"Hans Kristian Ruud" <hkr_at_ifi.uio.no> wrote in message news:84qbl2$cfb$1_at_maud.ifi.uio.no...

> Is there a newsgroup dedicated to ODBC?

microsoft.public.access.odbcclientserver
microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr
microsoft.public.data.odbc
microsoft.public.odbc.sdk
microsoft.public.snaserver.odbcdrda
microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc
microsoft.public.vb.database.odbc

sybase.public.connectivity.odbc

> And, in the ODBC scalar function
> CURRENT_TIMESTAMP( <argument> )
> what is the format of argument?
> (I have looked in Chuck Wood's book on ODBC, and in Sanders' book on
 ODBC,
> without finding the information I want).

CURRENT_TIMESTAMP returns the current local date and time. The argument determines the seconds precision of the returned timestamp. AFAIK, the argument is optional, however I can not help you on the format, you should ask that question to Microsoft (technet?, knowledgebase?)

> Thanx in advance, and a happy new millenium to everyone.
Thanks, but BTW a century is a 1-based array of 100 years (from 1 to 100), not 0-based, so hope to see you in the next millennium (in about a year or so).
Marcel. Received on Sun Jan 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CST