Re: SQL*Plus

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:52:03 +0100

The full syntax is
plus33w username/password_at_databasename
As you specify no database and you don't have a default defined you get this error.
You can define a default by adding the LOCAL string value to HKLM\software\oracle in the registry.
If you accepted defaults everywhere, the value of LOCAL needs to be ORCL. The user Scott will not be able to create an user. You need to do that either through system (password manager) or sys (password change_on_install)

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA