Re: Oracle Error: ORA-01034, Oracle not available. Any ideas?

From: Michael Sessions <msessions_at_aldensys.com>
Date: 2000/01/07

I tried that and got the following svrmgr30 errors:

ORA-01122: database file 2 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 2: 'E:\orant\database\usr1orcl.ora'
ORA-01200: actual file size of 1328914 is smaller than correct size of
1915680 blocks.

Is my usr1orcl.ora file which (I think) stores my database info like tables, sps, etc. corrupted??? This is something I obviously haven't run across before.

IIFThen
Terry Dykstra <tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca> wrote in message news:Jyrd4.89194$n3.1223705_at_news0.telusplanet.net...
> Try a shutdown abort (ugly, but sometimes you have no choice). That
 should
> cleanup that error. Then try to startup again.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn
>
> Michael Sessions <msessions_at_aldensys.com> wrote in message
> > I'm now getting the following message:
> >
> > ORA-01033: Oracle startup or shutdown in progress
> > Cause: An attempt was made to log on while Oracle is being started up or
> > shut down.
> >
> > Action: Wait a few minutes. Then retry the operation.
> >
> > Well.... I waited for 1hr. and still got same message. I restarted the
> > services and I'm back to ORA-01034.
> >
> > ???????
> >
> > IIFThen
> > Terry Dykstra <tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca> wrote in message
> > > Run server manager, connect internal and try to startup.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Terry Dykstra
> > > Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> > > Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn
> > >
> > > Michael Sessions <msessions_at_aldensys.com> wrote in message

 SGA????}

 correct
 the

 verify