Re: SQL

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 2000/01/07

You'd be better off to use Reports or Discoverer. You can create a PL/SQL block with variables defined, select into the variables and use DBMS_PUT procedures to printout the information.
> Hi there,
>
> From some tables in my database I want to know the number of
 rows.
> So I use:
>
> SQL> Select count(*) from tablename;
>
> But now I want to fetch the result in a variable ( so I can
 make some
> readable output )
>
> ========
>
> When that is done I want to make an overview of all
 user_tables with

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=9047&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7351