Re: Kproc

From: Walter Lolham <walterl_at_genasys.com.au>
Date: 2000/01/07

David McMullen wrote:

> kproc is the process that runs when there is nothing on the run queue.

Not really. A kproc (as far as I know) is a kernel related process. They are fired off by the kernel to perform different tasks. The kproc with PID 516 (or 514) is the "idle" one which is kicked off when your CPU has nothing better to do.

Sorry, I am not aware of any other significant PID's, but there isn't much you can do about kprocs. They are just there when they need to be there.

--
Walter Lolham  |  Genasys Systems Pty Ltd