Oracle Error: ORA-01034, Oracle not available. Any ideas?

From: Michael Sessions <msessions_at_aldensys.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:50:35 -0600

I cannot access Oracle. Get the error message:

ORA-01034: Oracle not available

The Oracle help documentation for this error says:

[Start]

Cause: Oracle was not started up. Possible causes include the following:

The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it. {What is SGA????}

The operating system variable pointing to the instance was improperly defined.

Action: Refer to accompanying messages for possible causes and correct the problem mentioned in the other messages. Retry after Oracle has been initialized.

If Oracle has been initialized, then on some operating systems, verify that Oracle was linked correctly. See the platform-specific Oracle documentation.
[End]

Want I've done already:

Did not fix my problem.

Did not fix my problem.

Is there anything more I can try? Any other Oracle help doc, log files, etc, that might point me to the problem and hopefully a solution?

Thanks to all who respond.

IIFThen Received on Fri Jan 07 2000 - 09:50:35 CST