Re: Help: tables created not to be found

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 14:56:11 GMT

I see the same thing when I work on an instance where a person (like me !) has imported a table into Oracle from Access 97 that had lower case table names. Usually, I go back to the source Access 97 DB, up- case the names and re-import.

You can access the lower case named tables with oracle tools IF you delimit the lower case object names with double quotes. This will make it possible to do RENAME or

create newtab as select * from oldtab

Note: This problem also affects column names.

Rock.

In article <85395p$ltn$1_at_news.jump.net>,   "Ming He" <hming_at_sungardenergy.com> wrote:
> Here is my situation. I used Erwin model to forward-engineer my data
schema
> to a oracle 8i database. In oracle enterprise manager, I can see all
the
> tables created and the table names are all in small letters.
>
> I then went to sqlplus, and try to do a select statement of a table.
To my
> surprise, I got the error message which said that the table was not
found.
> (but the table does exist in the oracle database, because enterprise
manager
> lists the object). I then tried capital letter for the table in the
select
> statement. I, however, got the same error message.
>
> I then create a new test table. I then select the new table. I have no
> problem in selecting the new table. In enterprise manager, I saw the
table I
> created manually was in capital letters. I guess sqlplus somehow
converted
> what I typed to capital letter no matter in what case my statement is.
>
> Could any one please tell me how to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ming

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 07 2000 - 08:56:11 CST