Sorting French Characters

From: Margaret Burwell <aj739_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 7 Jan 2000 13:43:50 GMT

I have a bilingual database created with NLS_LANG parameter of american_amcerica.we8pc850. When I sort a varchar2 column, the accented characters come at the very end. I would like the accented characters to immediately follow the same unaccented character. Fédération should follow Federation and not come after Friends or Further. At the same time, I do not want to chance the language to French.

Can anyone suggest how I can get the database to sort they way I want?

Marg Received on Fri Jan 07 2000 - 07:43:50 CST