OUIProcess error on RedHat Linux 6.1

From: Mary Beth Fowler <fowlermb_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:47:58 -0500

Guys,

I have a fresh install of Redhat Linux 6.1

I downloaded the proper version of the Java runtime libraries...

I set up my environment (oracle user, directories, etc...)

Oracle sent me a disk to use with Redhat.

I can't get past the OUIProcess error when I ./runInstaller

I have tried using KDE. I have searched the internet for solutions... I have upgraded enlightenment. Surely someone knows how to fix this.

It may be a glibc problem.

How do I get, then put an older version of glibc on my system if that is the problem, and what effect will an older version have on Redhat 6.1?

I did install all the lib compatibility rpm's on the system and that also has not helped.

Please help, I have spent hours and this is very frustrating. I can't even get past the Oracle install!!!

Paul Fowler Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 23:47:58 CST