Crystal Reports and updateable cursor

From: Mike <mcrissy_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 01:08:15 GMT

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a report that will look at the codes in one table and report the number of incidents associated with that code using a large query. I can create the cursor to return the rows from the table but need to return a variable list with each row of the returned set. I'm trying to read the query and process the variable list in one stored procedure but don't see how to update the return cursor so that the query results get inserted. If I open the return cursor as FOR UPDATE Crystal reports gives me a fetch error. Below is the package and the procedure I'm using. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks,
Mike

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE CRYSTAL_PACKAGE AS

   TYPE ReportRecCur IS REF CURSOR;
END;     CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE CRYSTAL_MYPROC (ReportCur IN OUT CRYSTAL_PACKAGE.ReportRecCur)
IS
TYPE myRecordStruct IS RECORD(

     code TABLE_ONE.CODE%TYPE,
     decription TABLE_ONE.DESCRIPTION%TYPE,
     dollar_value TABLE_TWO.DOLLAR_VALUE%TYPE,
     time_delay TABLE_TWO.DELAY%TYPE,
     elite TABLE_THREE.ELITE%TYPE,

);
myRecord myRecordStruct;
TYPE myCursorType IS REF CURSOR RETURN myRecordStruct; myCursor myCursorType;

CURSOR working_cursor IS
SELECT
     Fields....
FROM
     Tables.......
WHERE
     Condition...;

IS
BEGIN
-- able to load some default values for the two fields I need to
change
OPEN ReportCurFOR SELECT
CODE, DESCRIPTION , 0,0,0
FROM TABLE_ONE;

IF working_cursor%ISOPEN THEN
  CLOSE working_cursor;
END IF;   IF myCursor%ISOPEN THEN
  CLOSE myCursor;
END IF;     Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 19:08:15 CST