Problems with embedded carriage-return+linefeed in ODBC passthrough???

From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_waltdnes.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 18:08:18 -0500

  I've written a few handy utilities at work for use at the SQLPlus commandline. A contractor is now porting them to Access2000-via-ODBC-to-Oracle. Since I've already done the back-end work to get it running, he's concentrating on setting up a front-end. My original SQL code is being pushed through Access via "passthrough query".

  The problem is that the 2nd time an SQL statement is passed via ODBC, Oracle does a core-dump. This happens both with Oracle's ODBC driver, and Intersolve's driver. Looking at his passthrough code, I notice that he copied my SQL, complete with spacing and hard carriage returns. All the SQL I've ever seen in "SQL view" has been one long line that wraps in the viewer. Are carriage-returns and linefeeds allowed inside a passthrough query? Are they a problem? Are any other characters in the lower 128 also a problem?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_waltdnes.org>
http://www.waltdnes.org <SpamDunk Project procmail spamfilters> Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 17:08:18 CST