Re: OCI - Connecting to Database

From: Thomas Olszewicki <ThomasO_at_cpas.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 21:46:54 GMT

Harish,
A correct connecion string is : <User>/<Pass>@<TnsName> Example: 'MyUser/Password_at_Prod'

    Where MyUser is a real user name, Password is his/her password and TnsName is a name from

    TnsNames.ora file.

in OCI 7.x use function olog(...) where uid - is <User> , pswd - is <Pass> , conn - is <TnsName>
in OCI 8.x use function OCILogon(...) where username - is <User> , password - is <Pass>,

dbname - is <TNSName>

Note: if you specify wrong <TnsName> in connection string Oracle client may try to connect to "Default"

          connection .

HTH
Thomas Olszewicki
ThomasO_at_cpas.com