OCI - Connecting to Database

From: Harish <hdeshpandeNOhdSPAM_at_carlson.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 07:42:21 -0800

Hi,

   I have developed a client/server application using OCI on NT 4.0. When I converted this application to an NT service I found that it is connecting to a different database. I do not know how it is connecting to a different database as the connect string is the same. One way to overcome this problem is to supply the connect description in the connect call it is possible. Can one any of you please provide me with a sample for this. Oracle documentation does not have a sample for this.

   My current connect string is as follows: uname/passwd_at_dbname

   I want to know if this can be changed to: uname/passwd@(x) where x is similar to an entry in 'tnsname.ora'.

   Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Harish