Re: newbie connectivity problems

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 09:36:10 -0800

Centre Hospitalier de BLOIS wrote:

> We have installed Oracle Client for NT (7.3.4) on Windows NT Terminal
> Server Edition in order to access 7.3.4 server with a 32-bit application.
> Works fine.
>
> We now want to access another 7.3.4 server but this time with a 16-bit
> client. We have installed the client from the "windows" directory so that
> the 16-bit ODBC driver is loaded. Doesn't work at all.
>
> I now have two client directories (two homes?) that I want to work
> simultaneously. Is this possible?
>
> Jonathan Higgs

Not familiar with OBDC, but it would mean the clients should have a 32 bit as well as a 16 bit communications stack. Not sure if Windows can handle that, though I have been using 16 and 32 bit SQL*Net with TCP/IP.
Keep in mind that 16 bit stuff relies on win.ini, 32 bit on the registry to locate files and directories. These locations may be the same, but may also differ, making you changing the wrong configuration files.

HTH, good luck!
--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 11:36:10 CST