MS Access bombs on Oracle queries

From: <nmadson_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 01:00:54 GMT

I have developed a number of macros in MS Access which perform a number of queries on ODBC-linked Oracle tables. Several of these macros will bomb (giving me a Dr. Watson error message) upon attempting to execute one of the Oracle queries.

Someone had suggested that there are only a limited number of queries that can be run against an Oracle database without signing on and signing back in. Someone else suggested that too long a period of time between queries to Oracle tables will cause Oracle to time out without giving an MS Access error message.

However, MS Access doesn't always bomb at exactly the same place, so I'm not sure that either of these conditions would cause Access to abort.

Does anyone have any knowledge that the above conditions could cause Access to abort? Or what might be causing this problem?

TIA,
Nolan Madson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 19:00:54 CST