Question Using Synonyms

From: <gsgoo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:54:29 GMT

Please advise,

We're converting our database applications to Oracle and are trying to decide if it would be better to always query tables by using the <Owner>.<Table Name> syntax instead of relying on Synonyms? We thought some software might have a problem accessing a table's meta-data if it searched only by the Table's Name without using its Owner's Name? Has anyone had any negative experiences with Third Party development tools and Oracle's Synonyms?

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Greg Goodman
ggoodman_at_pscu.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:54:29 CST