CLASSPATH to 816classes12.zip problem

From: Sandy Pittendrigh <sandy_at_nervana.montana.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 09:55:19 -0700

I have a Java1.2/Oracle804/JDBC client application running on an SGI 02, that assembles its classes in subdirectory below the makefile, as per a package declaration at the head of each classfile. The Oracle server runs on a remote Linux box.

On the SGI client (which has a minimal, Oracle/sqlplus/tnsnames.ora client installataion) I have:

 CLASSPATH=/oracle/product/804/jdbc/lib/jdbc/816classes12.zip:.

But when I run the application with this configuration, any attempt to connect to the database produces a "no driver found" error.

But if I unzip 816classes12.zip in the makefile/source_code directory, then the connection proceeds without error. How can I fix this?

--

/* Sandy Pittendrigh                  >--oO0>