Re: JDBC

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 00:32:03 GMT

From your dump, it looks like you are using the thin, and therefore, don't worry about the oci error. That error appears to indicate that you don't have that driver. I'm not sure what makes you think you are running the oci driver.

So, the thin driver used to be in a classes111.zip or a classes12.zip and now may be in a classes815.zip? if it's the thin driver. This file should be in your classpath. Since you didn't specify a classpath option in your java command, I am making that assumption.

To specifcally tell the vm what classes to use, use java -classpath .:./classes111.zip dbTest ....
(using unix notation. just replace the colon with a semicolon for the windows notation and use appropriate directory notation)

And if you want to see the actual line number that it is dumping at, use java -Djava.compiler=NONE -classpath ....
where the compiler=NONE is telling the vm to not use the jit.

You really need to determine what driver it is you are using before I can give you more help and in doing that step, you will perhaps not need my help.

cindy