Re: E-mails from Sp

From: RC <rclarence_at_tyc.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 21:30:22 GMT

Karmit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I send E-mail from PL/SQL stored procedure?
>
> TIA,
> Karmit
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Well the way we do it at my job is to store the email in a database table along with its header and other pertinent information. We then have a daemon running in Unix that checks for pending messages every 15 minutes or so. The daemon calls the sendmail program which actually mails the message.

HTH RC