Oracle Packet Size

From: Elliott <elliottj_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 15:24:04 GMT

I have a client that is running one of my applications over a WAN. The database is Oracle 7.34 running on a Solaris server. The performance is intolerably slow. They attribute the slowness to small packet sizes. The packets are 70 bytes in size going between the app and Oracle. There are other Oracle applications running across the same WAN which are getting better performance with 1500 byte packets. I do not know where the packet size is set. I am not sure what I should be looking at? I really need help with this. If anyone can shed any light on this packet size issue I would be very appreciative. Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 09:24:04 CST