mutating trigger

From: <Jiri.Felcman_at_no.abb.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 13:04:41 GMT

Hi,

long time I have been having problems with mutating triggers. Up to v. 7.3 it is not allowed to use SELECT from "X" on triggers for table "X". For example: If I use cursor with select from table "x" in trigger before_update for table "X" and the trigger is then triggered I receive following error message: table "X" is mutating, trigger/function may not see it. Is this feature improved in higher ORACLE versions or is there any other possibility how to solve this without having to program anything on client?

Thanks for answer

Jiri

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 07:04:41 CST