Y2K bug in Oracle Installer <=3.3.1.1 ??

From: Martin Vonk <mwvonk_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 13:37:36 +0100

In newsgroup comp.databases.oracle.misc I've read the following messages:

I've heard about a Y2K-Bug in the common Oracle-Installer for
>NT. It was said, that installing any Oracle-product after the 1/1/2000
>will cause system-errors and you will need to reinstall the operating
>system. Is this true or is it nonsens? Does anybody know something
>about it?

Yes, there is a Y2K-Bug in the Oracle Installer (v3.3.1.1.0 und niedriger) You can download a Y2K-compliant Version from http://metalink.oracle.com

Questions:
Does this bug really exists ?
Does it affects only NT or Windows95/98 as well ? The Developer 6 Server, which you can download to date from Technet, contains an Oracle Installer with version >3.3.1.1 ?? How to handle the Y2K compliant version ?? (e.g: overwrite the existing version)
What is the size (in MB) of this Y2K compliant version ?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Martin Vonk Received on Sun Jan 02 2000 - 06:37:36 CST