Executing os-commands from with an procedure/function

From: Björn-Åke Segrell <pinne_at_pegit.se>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 12:27:01 +0000

Hi,
Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris 2.6/RH Linux 5.2.

I would like to execute some operating system commands (ie. mkdir, rm etc...) from within a stored procedure/function and get the return code of the outcome.

But I haven't been able to find any documentation about packages that does that.

The only thing i found was a an example-look-a-alike description for a deamon in Pro*C that listens
on pipes (DBMS_PIPE-package), passing on whatever it gets from them to the os for execution.
Is that the way it's done with Oracle ?

Does someone have any experience of this

/Regards Received on Sun Jan 02 2000 - 06:27:01 CST