Re: Oracle 8.0.5 Installation Question

From: Richard McDowell <mcdowell_richard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 11:33:24 +0100

Yang Chen Hsiao <yang-cheng.hsiao_at_transcore.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 119528332_at_NEWS.SAIC.COM...
> I was upgrading Oracle Client to 8.0.5. Does anyone
> know how to have the installer install the files to
> a different directory from the previous one where
> an older version was installed? I couldn't get the
> installer to let me specify a new location.

If you are upgrading so you have to overwrite old files, don't you? The upgrading procedure has not been designed for a different directory to be used.

/richard

/..developing with www.visual-engine.com and /..designing things, as never before. Received on Sun Jan 02 2000 - 04:33:24 CST