Re: Connectivity Problems - Oracle 8i Personal Edition

From: Guenter Huerkamp <guenter-huerkamp_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:20:11 +0100

Hello Miachel,
I've the same problem with oracle 8.0.5 Enterprise edition. When I'm not connected to network i can not connect to local db. Then i wrote the following entry in the tnsnames.ora and all is ok.

Loc.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (COMMUNITY = beq.world)
          (PROTOCOL = BEQ)
          (PROGRAM = oracle73)
          (ARGV0 = oracle73ORCL)
          (ARGS = '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')
        )

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL) <<<< this is your sid     )
  )

HTH
Günter