Re: AIX and ORACLE Client Shell

From: Håkan Winbom <winbom_at_home.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:59:13 +0100

I think You have hit a problem which is documented in Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.1.5

Actually I doubt that Oracle supports V7 on AIX 4.3.3 but that is an other story

The problem is that Oracle will only link with Posix draft 7 thread model AIX 4.3.3 defaults to Posix draft 10 threads try:
export LINK_CONTROL=L_PTHREADS_D7
This essentially replaces the default libpthreads.a library with libpthreadscompat.a

It is documented in the Oracle V8 installation manuals.

Hopes this helps
/HW