Re: ALTER ROLBACK ... in a procedure

From: Franco Ceotto <franco.ceotto_at_galactica.it>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:33:24 +0100

Hi Jenda.
Yes you miss the abvious consideration that PL doen't permit to use DDL (like ALTER ROLLBACK or TRUNCATE TABLE) but only DML (INSERT/UPDATE).

So you can't use that statements directly. You have to turn around the language limitations. See Chapter 5 of PL/SQL User ..., about Using DDL and Dynamic SQL.

Best regards and Happy new year to all readers.

     Franco Ceotto

SIPTI srl
Via Barca II, 66
31058 Susegana (TV)