OPEN_CURSORS ??

From: Alan Sze <alan_at_icon.com.hk>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:08:46 +0800

Hi,

I'm using Oracle8i on Solaris 2.6, and Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 and WebSphere 3. I found that the system will be down and not accessible after some time. The error comes from getting connection through JDBC failure.

Does increasing the OPEN_CURSORS parameter help in this situation?? How does the parameter OPEN_CURSORS affects the Oracle8i?? If I set it to 500, will it use up lots of memory and slow down the system?? How can I check the number of active (or un-closed) connections to Oracle8i??

Thanks in advance, and Happy Millenmium.