Re: Exporting/spooling data to a text file

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 30 Dec 1999 01:45:40 GMT

Calvin,

Try "Set pagesize 0" to allow for unlimited pagesize and do a "set linesize <max>" to your maximum line length with all columns. But I think there's an upper limit on the linesize you can set. Your varchar2(2000) problem has brought back fond memories for me. I had the same problem with a long text column a few years ago.

The question is: do absolutely need a TEXT file ? Even if you can get 1 record/line can you then process them with SQL*Load or some other tool ?

I have used the 1 record -> multi-line approach but I had to post-process the file and place a continueif character so that SQL*Load would have some kind of multi-line delimiter. However, I was migrating data from one Oracle table into another with a different structure so I was stuck with SQL*Load.

Instead of building a ladder I broke a hole in the ceiling. Can you provide more info ?

Cliff