Truth Tables for Oracle.

From: Mark Framness <framnesso_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:01:05 GMT

Happy New Year to all!

What happens when you have a null value in a boolean expression?

e.g. what are the missing blanks in the following truth tables?

AND
        T F NULL

T       T         F          ?
F       F         F          ?
NULL    ?         ?         NULL

It is my belief that this case every expression with a null will give a null result, correct?

OR

        T F NULL

T       T         T          ?
F       T         F          ?
NULL    ?         ?         NULL

Here I believe that the every expression with a null in it will return the non-null argument, correct?

How about the situation where a negation of a null is in the expression? e.g. TRUE AND NOT NULL or TRUE OR NOT NULL?

Thanks for your time & patience. Soon I hope I can start supplying more answers then questions!

From: Mark Framness
http://netnet.net/~farmer/index.html
All standard disclaimers apply anyone who say otherwise is itching for a

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 11:01:05 CST