Re: unload data from table to plain text file?

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_trixie.kosman.via.ayuda.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 19:04:48 -0800

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> A copy of this was sent to unkown <kk_at_spite.com>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 19:49:30 -0600, you wrote:
>

> >I have a trouble with export data from a table to a plain text file on
> >Oracle.
> >
> >How can I do it by Sql language? Is there any code like "load" or
> >"unload" in informix-sql? Or there is another way to do it?
> >

> I have scripts that use SQLPlus on Unix or NT to do this at my web site
>
> http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/flat/index.html

One problem with these scripts is that they're a little naive about dates. I just used them (thanks, Thomas) as a starting point, but had to change the code on both input and output to make sure the dates dumped and reloaded in a consistent format. As the scripts were, the dates dumped okay (if you don't mind 2-digit years) but reloaded as NULLs because of a mismatch in format.

With these fixes, the scripts were great.

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kogorman_at_pacbell.net At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 21:04:48 CST