Re: Baffling Problem with Pl/SQL Package

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 00:51:44 GMT

In article <84b8nq$gn5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   dejaadas_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi
> I have a package with 10 functions. The package compiles fine but
when I
> run it (all 10 fucntions are executed in sequence), at one point, a
> cursor gets opened but the process sleeps forever just before the
> "FETCH". I have tried Cursor For Loops, Explicit open/fetch, and
> some other tricks but it does not help. There are no error messages
> of any kind. The cursor does not do anything extraordinary and does
> not have to handle more than 10,000 rows as input.
> Has anyone experienced such issues ? We are on Oracle 7.2.3 and PL/SQL
> 2.3.2.2.
>
> Any information would help.
>
> Thanks
> Das

We ran a production system at 7.2.3 for several months with a lot of packaged code and we never saw a problem like that. Are you sure this is not just a tuning problem on the one select; have you timed this SQL statement by itself?

I sugest running a trace on the package execution and looking at the tkprof output.
--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 18:51:44 CST