Re: Problem Accessing Multiple Databases Services

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:18:07 +0100

You need to setup sqlnet.
Probably running Net easy config will do, but the Net8 assistant should definitely generate a correct sqlnet setup. You need to specify

- the protocol (TCP/IP)
- the host
- the port number (usually 1521)
- the SID (ORCL)

For the second database repeat that and specify ORC0 as the sid. You should end up with two sqlnet service names ORCL and ORC0. Now simply use sqlplus80 system/manager_at_ORCL or system/manager_at_ORC0 and that should be it.

Hth,
--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA