Re: oracle 8i and redo logs during recovery.

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:02:09 -0800

Hopefully your BCVs also contain the current controlfile. You can just put all the archived redologs, online redologs and current controlfiles in place on the backup server copy of the database, and recover completely. When the recover database command runs out of archived redologs, it will switch into the onlines as though it is performing crash recovery.

I'm not sure why with all this hardware you are not running a standby. It seems like a lot of trouble to automate your daily copy, when you could have an up-to-date copy always recovering just minutes behind the primary. With your current system your MTR takes as much time as is required to apply all logs for up to a 24-hour period.

Anyway, best of luck,
--
Jeremiah